PPDCF Grants Full ECSF Funding of $75,000 to Renfrew County Charities
We are proud to have partnered with Community Foundations of Canada and the Government of Canada to deliver the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) Renfrew County.
Launched on May 19, 2020, we’ve invested $75,000 through the ECSF towards local charities and qualified donees supporting populations experiencing heightened vulnerability during this crisis. We are pleased to announce the ECSF has supported projects including:
- $19,000 was invested to fund the Robbie Dean Family Counselling Centre to add 20 hours per week to the existing grief and loss program to meet the long term impact of losses caused by COVID19;
- $7,000 was invested to fund First Step Options Pregnancy Support Centre to maintain a location which continues to offer support and supply Mom's and babies with material items such as diapers, formula, and clothing through our "Porch side" pickup during COVID19;
- $10,000 was invested to fund Renfrew and Area Food Bank to purchase a walk-in cooler and freezer in order to accept all food donations which are shared with all Ottawa Valley food banks;
- $6,783 was invested to fund Carefor Health & Community Services to construct a rooftop garden so residents can continue to safely enjoy outdoor activities while contributing to nutritious meals;
- $3,730 was invested to fund OSPCA Renfrew County Animal Centre to provide essentials for pet care for those affected by financial loss from COVID19;
- $4,070 was invested to fund Les Coureurs de Bois to safely assist youth with physical activity and training with the club while following COVID19 rules and regulations;
- $6,783 was invested to fund Wesley Community Church to purchase video equipment and related hardware for online ministry to communicate and connect with those confined to their homes due to COVID19 restrictions and cautions;
- $10,852 was invested to fund Elevate Youth Wellness Centre to encourage youth who have been socially isolated to attend activities in a safe, clean and healthy studio;
- $6,782 was invested to fund Columbus House (Pembroke) Inc. to provide a full time outreach program offering a supportive, safe and nurturing environment for young children while providing care, direction and education for young parents.
Our community foundation has granted the full funding available to our community through the ECSF. We are unfortunately no longer accepting applications. Since the start of the pandemic, charities and non-profit organizations have been leading the charge to assist those who need it most in the fight against COVID-19. We know the need for funding is still significant. If you would like to be notified if any additional funding becomes available through ECSF, please fill out this form.
We invite you to explore opportunities with the other ECSF funding intermediaries in your community. More information about other national funders is available here.
We invite you to follow Community Foundations of Canada’s website for further updates as well.